And a list of eight platforms that you’ll want to consider.
Email marketing is still one the most effective ways to reach your customers and drive revenue growth. Because it’s a relatively inexpensive marketing channel, you will see a higher return on investment.
In fact, the ROI of email marketing is 4200% — that works out to be $42 for every $1 spent.
Email marketing by far provides you with the most bang for your buck when compared to other digital marketing channels. You can expect to see an increase in ROI and make more than you put into every email you send. Image courtesy of Replyco.
But the low cost and high ROI numbers are not the only things that make email marketing so attractive to enterprise businesses. It also comes down to the ability to reach customers where they’re already at and provide them with timely, personalized experiences.
Let’s take a look at a few more stats that prove just how important email marketing is for engaging with your audiences:
- 80% of professionals agree that email helps grow your business with customer acquisition and retention
- Customers want to receive emails from companies they love; 28% of people said they would like to receive promotional emails more than once a week
- Including personalization into your emails can increase engagement, and it’s been reported that emails with personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates
You’ve likely read articles out there telling you that email marketing is a relic of the past and is following the path of newspapers — but that just isn’t true. These stats prove that email marketing is alive and well and still outperforming many of the other channels you’re using in addition to it.
And just in case you’re not sold yet, we’ve put together a list of five email marketing benefits to drive home just how beneficial email marketing is for enterprise businesses.
Table of Contents
- 1 4 Things You Need From Your Email Marketing Software for a Successful Campaign
- 2 1. Ways to Improve Targeting and Send Personalized Content
- 3 2. The Ability to Build Stronger Customer Relationships
- 4 3. Being Able to Create Emails That Will Directly Impact Sales and Revenue
- 5 4. Making Tracking and Measuring Success Simple
- 6 8 Enterprise Email Marketing Platforms
- 7 1. Listrak
- 8 Email Capabilities
- 9 Other Tools Available
- 10 Pricing
- 11 2. Hubspot
- 12 Email Capabilities
- 13 Other Tools Available
- 14 Pricing
- 15 3. Constant Contact
- 16 Email Capabilities
- 17 Other Tools Available
- 18 Pricing
- 19 4. Pardot
- 20 Email Capabilities
- 21 Other Tools Available
- 22 Pricing
- 23 5. MailerLite
- 24 Email Capabilities
- 25 Other Tools
- 26 Pricing
- 27 6. Marketo
- 28 Email Capabilities
- 29 Other Tools
- 30 Pricing
- 31 7. ActiveCampaign
- 32 Email Capabilities
- 33 Other Tools
- 34 Pricing
- 35 8. LeadSquared
- 36 Email Capabilities
- 37 Other Tools
- 38 Pricing
- 39 Make the Most Out of Your Email Marketing Efforts
4 Things You Need From Your Email Marketing Software for a Successful Campaign
Alright, so if you’re not convinced quite yet, you will be after learning more about how email marketing can help benefit you. From improving email personalization and targeting to building stronger relationships and directly increasing sales and revenue — email can do it all.
Choosing the right email solution for your business needs means you need to know what the most important things to consider are. In this section, we’ll take a look at a few different things you’ll want to consider when looking to invest in a new email platform.
1. Ways to Improve Targeting and Send Personalized Content
To make the most out of your email marketing campaigns, you’ll want to ensure you’re sending targeted messages that include personalized content for each individual. Skipping the step to personalize your content will result in lower engagement and underperforming campaigns.
Here are a few of the top whys that integrating personalization into your emails will help improve the success of your campaigns:
- Personalized emails stand out in a customers inbox as something highly relevant to their needs and interest
- Personalized emails are much more likely to be opened
- Personalized emails improve the customer experience by sending the right content to the right audiences at the right moment
Personalization is something that your customers have come to expect from the brands they follow. There are various ways for you to personalize content, but this graph gives you the top things your customers want personalized. Image courtesy of SaleCycle.
The key to successful personalization and targeting is to have the correct customer data. This will allow you to stay up-to-date on the wants and needs of your customers and continue to provide them with relevant content based on where they fall within the customer journey.
There are many different ways to create highly targeted, personalized experiences. Here are just a few examples to get you started:
- Targeting audiences based on their demographics such as age, gender, and location
- Using geo-targeting emails that enable you to reach regional audiences with relevant offers to their physical location
- Tap into the interest and hobbies of your customers and use that data to create engaging content
- Create campaigns that provide content based on real-time user behaviors and interactions
Creating highly targeted, personalized emails will result in happier subscribers and higher-performing campaigns.
2. The Ability to Build Stronger Customer Relationships
Email marketing is a great way to build stronger relationships with your customers and grow your loyalty fanbase. By frequently engaging with your audiences and sharing content they’re interested in, you can quickly build a stronger bond with your audiences.
These are a few simple ways you can start to build stronger customer relationships with your email marketing efforts:
- Be honest with your subscribers and let them know what to expect from subscribing to your content
- Provide high-quality content that is engaging and relevant to their interests
- Understand who your subscribers are and make an effort to connect with them
- Make sure you’re providing them with value and ensure that value is provided right away
- Don’t only send sales content customers will be turned away if they receive nonstop promotional content
- Integrate personalization into your messages to create an even stronger connection
Another great way to start building relationships with new subscribers is to enroll them in nurturing campaigns.
Nurturing campaigns are designed to warm up a subscriber and move them towards making a purchase. They’re a great way to keep in touch with your audiences and start building relationships.
Companies across all industries are using nurturing campaigns to build stronger customer relationships and turn leads into customers. How frequently you connect with your audiences will depend on your customers’ needs, but these are a few typical timelines used by other companies. Image courtesy of Databox.
These are a few examples of how you can incorporate nurturing campaigns into your email marketing strategy:
- Create automated responders that are sent to new form subscribers to welcome new users
- Develop welcome campaigns that introduce new subscribers to your brand and help them get to know what you’re all about
- Send users content based on their activity with your brand to keep content relevant and engaging
- Time lead nurturing campaigns with your sales process to have a higher chance of converting them
- Re-Engage inactive users to bring them back to your site to reduce churn rates
You can also use real customer insights and feedback to improve your nurturing efforts. By gathering real insights through surveys and direct feedback, you can use this information to make improvements.
Email marketing is a great way to build stronger relationships with your customers and gather the feedback you need to improve your email efforts.
3. Being Able to Create Emails That Will Directly Impact Sales and Revenue
We’ve already hit on this one a little bit, but email marketing is a great way to impact your sales and revenue directly. When you consider that you’re going to make $42 for every $1 spent, it’s easy to see how email marketing can impact sales and revenue.
By sending customers emails about sales and promotions, you can lead them directly back to your website to complete a purchase, but there are other ways to drive sales.
Email is a great way to reach your audiences and encourage them to make a purchase. There are many different ways to do this, but a few of the leading examples are by providing incentives, helping to compare products, and reminding them of a recent purchase made. Image courtesy of Campaigner.
You can send emails designed to bring people back to your site after they abandoned their cart or send product recommendations based on their previous shopping behaviors. All of these efforts will encourage audiences to complete a purchase from your company.
These are a few email marketing tips to help increase your sales and revenue:
- Continuously work to increase your subscriber list; the more people you have to reach, the more chances you have to land a sale
- Test to find your most effective email formats and better understand what people are engaging with
- Make sure your emails are mobile-friendly since the majority of emails are now read on mobile devices
- Take time to craft the perfect subject line because that is often the deciding factor when it comes to someone deciding to open it or not
- Include a clear call to action that tells the user what to do next and leads them to your offer or website
If you’re looking for a way to make a more significant impact on your company’s sales and revenue, email marketing is the best way to do it. You’ll spend less time and money on campaign development, execution, and management while being able to drive users directly to your site to complete a purchase.
4. Making Tracking and Measuring Success Simple
Another benefit to email marketing is that you can easily track and measure the success of your campaigns. Whether you’re more interested in how many people opened your emails or the number of customers who clicked through and completed an action — you can track it all.
When it comes to successful emails, it all depends on what you want to measure. Many companies track multiple measurements, including open rates, click rates, delivery rates, conversion rates, and much more. What you choose to follow is dependent on your business goals. Image courtesy of Digital School of Marketing.
These are a few of the most common email metrics you’ll want to track:
- Delivery rates
- Open rates
- Click-through rates
- Bounce rates on campaign landing pages
- Revenue per email and conversion rates
Once you know what metrics you want to track and put a higher importance on, you can start to set goals for your future campaigns. Setting goals will allow you to continue to grow and improve, and keeping track of your progress is easy with prebuilt dashboards.
Choosing to invest in an email marketing tool will help make your campaigns’ success even more manageable. It will allow you to see the performance of all of your campaigns from one centralized dashboard and pull any data you need with the click of a button.
8 Enterprise Email Marketing Platforms
Now that you know what to look for in an email marketing platform, the next step is making a list and investigating your options. To help get you started, we’ve compiled a list of eight enterprise platforms.
Listrak is a great email marketing platform for enterprise businesses. With a heavy focus on the retail space, this platform can provide you with everything you need to grow your subscriber list, develop engaging email content, launch campaigns, and optimize future efforts.
Get everything you need to improve your email marketing from one centralized platform. From email creation to automating targeted experiences through intelligent triggers, the Listrak platform can help you achieve all of your email goals. Image courtesy of Listrak.
This platform has everything you need to manage your email marketing campaigns, here are just a few of the things you can do to elevate your email marketing with Listrak:
- Easily build emails that are responsive on any device type with the Listrak Composer, an intuitive, drag-and-drop email editor
- Use real-time customer data to identify where your audiences are in their journey and send targeted messages to help move them towards a purchase
- Decrease lost sales and increase revenue by build abandonment campaigns that let customers know about a product they left behind
- Set up triggered emails that are automatically sent to your customers based on their behaviors and interactions with your brand
Other Tools Available
Are you looking for more than just email marketing? Then the Listrak platform is the perfect tool for your needs. Where you’re looking for one central platform to manage all of your digital channels such as social media, web, mobile push, or SMS messaging — this tool has you covered.
In addition to managing and automating your mobile marketing efforts, you can also tap into deep customer insights and predictive technology that Listrak offers. When it comes to providing your customers with the most relevant experience, having a complete picture of their historical and real-time data will help you develop personalized and timely campaigns.
The Listrak platform provides businesses with customized pricing based on their specific needs. This allows you to be flexible and add on all of the different tools and capabilities you need.
Chances are good you’re not surprised to see Hubspot listed on this list of enterprise email marketing tools. Hubspot is one of the leading platforms for businesses to manage various marketing efforts, including email.
Know exactly how your email campaigns are performing with detailed dashboards that are easy to read and understand. These dashboards can help you know what campaigns are high performers and where your customers are most engaged. Image courtesy of Hubspot.
Hubspot provides businesses with the tools they need to create, send, manage, and optimize email marketing campaigns with A/B testing capabilities. Here are a few highlights on how Hubspot can help you improve your email marketing efforts:
- Quickly and easily create professional emails with a drag-and-drop editor that encourage customers to click through and engage with your content
- Create personalized emails with real customer insights such as lifecycle stage, list membership, or other relevant contact information
- Optimize emails with A/B testing capabilities to better understand how your customers are interacting with your content
- Use customer data collected through HubSpot’s CRM tools to understand better who your customers are and develop the suitable campaigns
Other Tools Available
Hubspot offers a wide range of product solutions, including the Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, CMS Hub, and Operations Hub. That means that this platform is an excellent solution for companies looking to utilize one platform for various business needs
There is a free plan available for businesses who are just getting started, but if you’re looking for something a little more, the following plans are available:
- The Starter plan: starts at $45 per month
- The Professional plan: starts at $800 per month
- The Enterprise plan: starts at $3,200 per month
You can also add on additional bundles to help fulfill the needs of your business.
3. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is an enterprise email marketing platform that will provide you with all the tools you need to take your email strategy to the next step. This platform will allow you to create emails with ease and grow your revenue with eCommerce integrations.
Grab the attention of your customers and bring them back to your site to make a purchase. Constant Contact can help you directly improve business revenue and growth with eCommerce capabilities built into the platform. Image courtesy of Constant Contact.
There are plenty of possibilities on ways that you can improve your email marketing with a tool like Constant Contact, here are just a few ways this platform can help elevate your emails:
- Make email creation and design simple with an easy-to-use email editor that will allow you to create emails that stand out in a customers inbox
- Develop automated campaigns such as welcome campaigns and triggered messages that engage with users based on their real-time interactions and behaviors
- Tap into email marketing for eCommerce tools that are designed to help you grow your online store and increase revenue
- Simplify contact management by storing all of your customer data in one centralized platform
Other Tools Available
This platform is another great tool to help you manage various marketing channels, including setting up an online eCommerce store, creating a website with built-in marketing tools, and managing Facebook and Instagram ads.
Constant Contact provides companies with multiple plan options, including:
- The Email plan: starting at $20 per month
- The Email Plus plan: starting at $45 per month
- The Ecommerce Pro plan: starting at $195 per month
It’s important to note that plan pricing is based on the number of contacts you have in your database.
Pardot is the Salesforce B2B marketing automation platform and provides businesses with an integrated solution to manage leads and email marketing. This is an excellent tool for companies who are already using Salesforce and are looking for a way to improve customer communication and provide your sales team with valuable insights.
Easily create engaging and relevant nurturing campaigns with action-based workflow. You set up various triggers and paths, and then once a customer is enrolled, they are moved through the process based on their interactions. Image courtesy of Pardot.
Make the most out of every email communication you send with the help of Pardot’s email marketing tools, including:
- Make building emails simple with an intuitive email builder that lets you create responsive emails with custom designs
- Automate campaigns to ensure you’re sending the right message at the right time with visual workflows, email scheduling, and autoresponders
- Personalize each message based on prospect engagement, automatic segmentation, and account insights
- Run A/B tests to continue to learn and better understand what your customers are most engaged with and do more of it
Other Tools Available
Pardot is a versatile tool that can help B2B businesses connect with leads and turn those interactions into sales. A few other ways this tool can benefit your needs include streamlined lead management, more intelligent lead generation, seamless sales alignment, ROI reporting, and AI.
Pardot provides businesses with multiple plan options, including:
- The Growth plan: costing $1,250 per month
- The Plus plan: costing $2,500 per month
- The Advanced plan: costing $4,000 per month
- The Premium plan: costing $15,000
Pricing can vary based on the number of contacts you have, and there are add-ons you can include at an additional cost.
MailerLite is an email marketing platform that can help your business improve customer engagement and convert new leads. With this tool, you’ll have everything you need to create personalized campaigns that are highly targeted and increase sales.
A/B testing allows you to understand more about what resonates most with your customers and how you can improve future campaigns. By testing elements such as imagery, subject lines, call to action, and more, you can learn how to create effective campaigns every time. Image courtesy of MailerLite.
This tool has everything you need to elevate your email marketing campaigns from creation to reporting. Here are a few of the key capabilities you’ll want to know about:
- Use the drag and drop editor to build professional emails without having to worry about code or pulling in designers
- Grow your subscriber list with their website building, landing pages, pop-up, and embedded forms
- Automate email campaigns to improve customer interaction times and send them through relevant and engaging messages
- Send messages based on customer time zone to ensure you’re always reaching them at the most opportune moment
MailerLite is a fully email-focused tool, so if you’re looking for a platform that allows you to manage multiple channels, this may not be the option you want to go with. But if you’re just looking to improve your email marketing without all the add ons — you’ll want to consider it.
The pricing for this plan is based on the number of subscribers you have. There are multiple plan options based on the number of subscribers you have. The following prices are for lists from 1,000 to 10,000 subscribers; pricing increases as subscribers do.
- Free for 1 – 1,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails
- $10 per month for 1 – 1,000 subscribers and unlimited emails
- $15 per month for 1,001 – 2,5000 subscribers and unlimited emails
- $30 per month for 2,501 – 5,000 subscribers and unlimited emails
- $50 per month for 5,001 – 10,000 subscribers and unlimited emails
MailerLite aims to provide companies with fair, affordable pricing to help them succeed in their email marketing campaigns.
Marketo is another reasonably well-known enterprise email marketing tool. This platform is owned and powered by Adobe and can help your business connect with your customers from acquisition to advocacy.
The more you know about how your campaigns are performing, the better you can plan future emails. Understand everything from what element is the most engaging for your audiences and what emails have the most open rates. Image courtesy of Marketo.
This platform, similar to the others we have looked at, provides you with a wide range of email marketing tools, including:
- Make email creation simple with a visual email editor and responsive templates with Marketo Engage
- Use real-time customer data to send dynamic emails that have personalized content baked into them to improve engagement
- Tap into A/B testing and predictive technology to improve campaign results and better understand how your campaigns are performing
- Keep customer segments up-to-date with real-time updates and automated sorting efforts
Marketo is a marketing platform that can help you manage your needs, including marketing automation, lead management, and revenue attribution. This is an excellent tool for companies looking for something that provides a little more than just email.
Pricing for the Marketo platform is customized based on business needs, and you’ll need to connect with a representative to learn more about what your plan would look like.
ActiveCampaign is a marketing automation tool that can help you elevate your customer experience through email and other marketing automation efforts. With a B2B focus, ActiveCampaign can help you close more deals and shorten your sales cycle.
Creating emails doesn’t have to be a huge chore. With a simple drag and drop email editor, you can develop beautifully designed emails that encourage customers to engage in no time. Image courtesy of ActiveCampaign.
When it comes to email marketing, this platform provides you with everything you’ll need to build a comprehensive strategy, including:
- Broadcast emails that allow you to talk to all of your audiences at once and get real-time communications out quickly
- Targeting capabilities that allow you to get the right message to the right person with the help of audience segmentation
- Easily schedule emails to send at a specific date and time to interact with customers on special days like holidays, anniversaries, and birthdays
- Create automated email campaigns that turn leads into purchasing customers through a series of emails
This platform provides you with a wide variety of marketing and lead management tools such as lead scoring, creating new deals, sales team notifications, and more. You’ll be able to see and manage all of your leads from one central location and efficiently connect them with your sales team.
Pricing for the platform is based on the number of subscribers you have. The following plans are priced at the 10,000 contact rate, but some plans cost more and have less available.
- The Lite plan: starting at $125 per month
- The Plus plan: starting at $199 per month
- The Professional plan: starting at $279 per month
- The Enterprise plan: starting at $399 per month
LeadSquared is a marketing platform that can help you manage your email marketing capabilities and improve your sales team’s interactions with customers. With this tool, you’ll be able to interact with your customers at the right time, with the right message based on actual customer data.
Move your leads through their journey with the most relevant content based on their real-time interactions. This will allow you to know exactly where they’re at in the purchasing journey and move them towards converting. Image courtesy of LeadSquared.
This platform provides you with a range of email marketing tools, including:
- Automated nurturing campaigns that reduce response times and enhance the experience for your prospects
- The ability to send relevant content to your customers with personalized responses
- Create workflows that move users through a specified journey that can understand how a lead is interacting with your content and react
- Easily segment your subscriber list based on factors like product interests, location, demographics, and more.
LeadSquare can help your business manage various things and provides these additional products, a sales execution CRM, a mobile CRM, and a customer portal. These different tools can help you elevate your entire marketing and sales process.
There are multiple pricing options available, and the number of contacts you have does impact the price; the plans include:
- The Basic plan: costs $400 per month and is for companies with 10,000 contacts
- The Standard plan: costs $1200 per month and is for companies with 50,000 contacts
- The Enterprise plan: costs $2500 per month and is for companies with 200,000 contacts
- Custom plans are available and based on business needs for companies with more than 200,000 contacts
Make the Most Out of Your Email Marketing Efforts
Email marketing isn’t going away, and it will continue to be one of the most effective ways to reach your customers in the coming years. That’s why it’s so important to understand how it can help improve your efforts and to find a platform that can help your business reach your goals.
So what are you waiting for? Now’s the perfect time to take a fresh look at your email marketing efforts and consider if your current automation platform is doing what you need it to do. If not, it’s time to switch it up!