The following is an interview with Brendan Van Son of Brendan’s Adventures, one of the most popular Travel blogs/resources out there (yea, even more so than mine). I asked him a few a questions about traveling and how he supports his never ending sojourns, read on my friends and learn how to change your life according to your own terms.
Table of Contents
- 1 1. Where did you grow up?
- 2 2. What was the first trip that made you go, “shit, the travel bug bit me in the ass and now I’m screwed”
- 3 3. Where is your favorite place in the world and why?
- 4 4. Where the hell are you now?
- 5 5. What do you do for a living?
- 6 6. Share your most value-added travel tip with The World or Bust, or perish…..Just kidding!
1. Where did you grow up?
I actually grew up in a small town called Rocky Mountain House in Alberta, Canada. Rocky, as we call it, only has about 6,000 people living there but it is an oil town and is really busy. Also, it is just outside of the Rocky Mountains, as the name suggests, and is an absolute outdoors playground. Although I’m a city person now, I can’t imagine growing up anywhere else.
2. What was the first trip that made you go, “shit, the travel bug bit me in the ass and now I’m screwed”
3. Where is your favorite place in the world and why?
4. Where the hell are you now?
5. What do you do for a living?
I am a journalist. At one point I was a freelance travel writer, but over the past year or so I’ve become quite self-sustained. My personal travel website Brendan’s Adventures has, thankfully, been able to fuel some other opportunities. One of those opportunities was to start my own travel magazine which is called Vagabundo Magazine. It is an eMagazine that is published quarterly but also has daily online “blog” content. I have a great team over there of 5 other people who are doing great things in their own right. The next issue of the magazine is going out in April and we’re even launching a television program in March.