Turkey is a country that is known as the bridge between the East and the West. It is a combination of the Middle East and the Mediterranean, and people have been invaded and settled in the country from every direction of the world. Each year millions of tourists from different parts of the world travel to Turkey and make the most of their time by exploring its ancient history, world-class architecture, and gourmet food. The country has something for everyone and every traveler visiting Turkey ends up leaving their hearts here. Along with it, it is not only a safe destination to travel but one of the places which one should visit once in their lifetimes.
Although the country witnesses many visitors each year, often travelers visiting the country do not know the best places to travel in Turkey and how they can make the most of their time and money. Today’s guide explores the best places to travel in the city and places which offer tourists a fantastic Turkish experience where they can enjoy Turkish sweets, culture, foods, and much more. Ensure that you visit these places on your time while traveling to Turkey and keep your journey overwhelming. Let’s get started.
1 Aya Sofya: Considered as one of the most beautiful buildings in the world, the Museum of Aya Sofy is located in Istanbul, the capital of Turkey. The place is one of the most beautiful places around the world, and each year a large number of tourists visit Turkey to embrace the beauty of Aya Sofya. The exterior of the place and its striking minarets give the viewers breathtaking views of the mosque, and it is an excellent must-visit place for every tourist visiting Istanbul or Turkey for the first time. Don’t forget to take your camera along to take some good pictures of the place.
2. Şekerci Cafer Erol: Since 1807, the store has been running, and it is one of the most visited places in Turkey. If you’re a great fan of desserts and sweets, then this is the place for you. Şekerci Cafer Erol uses traditional Turkish dessert recipes to create colorful rock candies, chocolates, Turkish delights, special marzipan, pastry, and many other sweet desserts. Make sure during your time in the capital of the country, Istanbul, you visit Şekerci Cafer Erol once and savor all the lovely foods and desserts offered by the shop. It will definitely give you the required kick making your longing for more throughout your time in the country.
3. Patara: Considered as a place which is a must-see on a trip to Turkey. Patara is the country’s longest beach. You can hire an umbrella or a sunbed or can spend some perfect time at the place. Also, spend your time enjoying a sunset, as it is beautiful to experience one here.
4. Princes’ Island: Known as one of the major tourist attractions, the Princes’ Island can give you the dose of desired peace and serenity. Travelers are often seen spending long times here during their journey to the majestic country. Make sure that you visit the Island on your trip to Turkey for once. You can also enjoy some of the good traditional food and Turkish sweets at the place as many great restaurants serve good food.
5. Cappadocia: The place is a result of volcanic eruption and is one of the best places to visit. You can take a horse and can explore the place to make the most of your time. Another option is to take a balloon ride. The best time to visit the place is from April to June and September to October.
6. The city of Ephesus: Another remarkable place in Turkey, the ancient city, is located in Selcuk and is 30 kilometers away from Kusadasi. If you admire historical places, in that case, this is the best place for you. You can visit the place between March to mid-June and make the most of your trip to Turkey. Some of the best places to stay here are Celsus Boutique Hotel and Ayasoluk Boutique Hotel & Restaurant. Make sure that you take along some of the traditional Turkish dessert recipes on your back home along with it. It will help take a little Turkey along with you on your way back home.
7. Grand Bazaar: The last in the list is Grand Bazaar, where you can find Jewelry, rugs, souvenirs, clothes, and tea. Ensure that you bargain here. The place is one of the most overwhelming places to shop in Turkey. You won’t be able to explore the place in a single day, but if you do not have enough time, you can visit some of the most visited shops and businesses in the bazaar and can purchase the stuff that you like. The bazaar’s timings are from 9 am to 7 pm, and you can buy things such as Turkish lamps, Turkish tea, and Ceramics.
8. Topakapi Palace: The Topkapi castle is one of the brilliant spots to visit in Turkey. The Topkapi castle gives a brief look at the regal way of life of the Ottoman kings. This castle was the principal habitation of the Turks during the fifteenth – sixteenth century, and was later changed into a gallery in 1924. Today, the royal residence gallery has various amazing rooms and chambers in plain view. Counting the ‘Arrays of mistresses’ chambers, where the ladies of the illustrious Ottoman family unit lived back in the days. Aside from that, a portion of the things to anticipate at the gallery are the illustrious depository, the spoonmaker’s jewel, the Topkapi knife, the Ottoman attire, weapons, shield, compositions and then some. Topkapi Palace transports you back to the old occasions of sovereignty and richness.
9. Galata Tower: Galata tower is the most historical place to see in Istanbul. Built as a watch tower, it is one of the spots to find in Turkey. The perception deck of the pinnacle is the best spot to appreciate the all-encompassing perspective on the city. Also, the multistoried pinnacle houses an extravagance eatery which serves genuine Turkish food that you can appreciate while disregarding the exquisite city scene.