The usefulness of an electric fireplace cannot be denied. You either want it to make your home warmer or cozier, to help you in cutting the cost on your energy bill or probably just for its aesthetics.
You can make your home a delight merely by adding a fireplace to it. The sight and the function of an electric fireplace make it great without doubt.
However, if you are in a position to choose the best electric fireplace for your home, you may find yourself wondering which brand of electric fireplace is actually the best for your home.
If you are truly wondering on which electric fireplace to get, there are several other things to put into consideration.
You need to ask yourself questions like:
· Should it be wall-mounted or portable?
· What size of electric fireplace are you considering?
· Will you install it by yourself?
· What’s your budget range?
It is crucial for every buyer to have answers to all these things and even more while seeking to purchase the electric fireplace that suits their home best.
After considering these things, you can go ahead to make a choice.
While the Puraflame Western 33 fireplace (click to learn more) is one of the best fireplaces that exist, for the purpose of this article, our pick is the Duraflame DFI-5010-01 Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove with 3D Flame Effect and we will thus go on to talk about it in this article.
The Duraflame DFI-5010-01 Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove with 3D Flame Effect is a 5,200 BTU electric fireplace heater that gives heat up to a 1,000 square foot zone. It is great for any place, big or small. It has a patent 3D technology which has realistic flames moving on the back and logs.
It has up to five adjustable settings of brightness, colors, and speed which allow you have a form of realistic wood burning fireplace, while avoiding the mess of having a real one. It uses Infrared technology which helps give off instant heat to the space and warms you rapidly. This model has an overheat protection which will automatically switch off the unit and even its plug (referred to as a “safer plug”—with an in-built thermometer) to assist in preventing overheating, decreasing scenarios of that are potentially dangerous.
The product works at 120 volts and 12.5 amps.
This model has a feature called “Zone heating” which helps in reducing your energy bill by letting you to reduce your home thermostat for some time, depending on the part of the house.
This list contains other features that might have not been previously mentioned. They include:
- 5,200 BTUs that provides heat reaching 1,000 square feet
- 24 inches tall, about 24 inches wide and about 13 inches deep
- A Remote control that has four functions which include temperature, power, flame intensity and a timer
- Freestanding oven style which weighs lower than 30 pounds for portable zone heating
- A heating element which is 62-82 degrees and can be adjusted in 2-degree increments
- The time can be increment can be done in halves; from 30 minutes to nine hours
- Flame height can be adjusted from 1 to 5 to set any mood
- Releases no harmful byproducts and generally eco-friendly
- Infrared technology gives humidity control, so the air does not dry out
- Side viewing feature
- Beveled glass door
- Safety assured in its use around pets and kids
- CSA safety certified
- Always comes with a 1-year warranty
- 6 inches long power cord
Even though this model is our best pick, it doesn’t imply that it comes without any flaws. Users say can be a little loud and also distracting. In addition to this, its top can also become quite hot. The LED screen which reads out the temperature is behind the door (a bit hidden), allowing it to have to be managed. Also, when making use of the remote, you can’t exactly tell what you’re setting.
However, on the overall, it will always be a great choice which is worth condoling these flaws for.